Friday, June 19, 2009

We Finally Found HIP HOP

Hey Fellow Hip Hop Heads,

It's Team Hip Hop, and we just wrapped up our PR Methods class, and this means for the this will be our final post. We have decided that if any of us; Megan C., Dorian P., or even Natasha G. have a run in with hip hop we will be sure to update you. But we would really like that thank those who have been following us, and keeping up with how our fictitious events have been going. You have a been a tremendous help to us. We agree that your comments gave us a little more insight into the world of a hip hop lover. The questions that we asked you were to help us figure out what could and couldn't work for our projects, my (Megan) question about positive role models, help me choose other hip hop stars to be honored at the FAMU HIP HOP HONORS. Dorian used some of what you said about how women are represented in Hip Hop to add a little more to her speech that she wrote for Russell Simmons for the Book Signing and Listening Party.

Megan C.: What I learned through these postings that helped me with my project? The biggest thing was that you have to make sure that your target public are well represented in the things that you do. A lot of the people that commented on our blog were students them selves, and even though my fictitious event was to honor hip hop community members, I needed to make sure I was still trying to get the students of FAMU to attend the event to. So I listened to what you guys had to say regarding particular artist, and I made sure to included some of them.

Dorian P.: What I learned through these postings that helped me with my project? I am kind of on the same boat as Megan C., it was a real help to see what others thought about the portrayal of women in hip hop, so it made it easier to write both my backgrounder and my speech for Russell Simmons. I learned a lot about blogging, since this was my first time really doing it, I realized its not that easy to go into cyberspace a just post a blog and wait for feedback, we really had to go out and "publicize" our blog.

So our final question to you is a two part...

-Based on our previous entries do you think we have FOUND HIP HOP?

-If our events were real, would you attend?

5 comments:

  1. I think both of you have found hip hop. I can tell that you two did a lot of research before planning the event which I feel has made it more realistic. I would attend both of the events because I feel that they were well planned and they sound like fun! I can tell that I would really enjoy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have truely found Hip Hop. Even though the music industry is doing a good job of trying to remove the heart and soul out of music, I think that many of us can appreciate what it was and what it has grown to be. I would surely attend any of the events your group has planned. Everything seems like it will be fun and educational. Hip Hop is not dead, it's just in a sleeping, changing state. Keep hope alive, I think we are all finding the new hip hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel both of you have found Hip Hop and would love to attend both of your events. They were well planned and seem to be rather enjoyable. I just hip hop goes back to rapping about something worth rapping about besides just women, drugs and violence. Hip Hop was once used so African American voices could be heard, so that there concerns and issues were voiced. Now rappers voices are being heard but not in a positive way and its having a impact on our youth

    EBONY WILLIAMS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have found Hip-hop. I would attend both of your events if they were real. Hip-hop is my life and its what I live so anything that is positive in the Hip-hop culture I most definitely would embrace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, I really enjoyed planning this event. And maybe in the future I can have an actual event similar to this. I am excited for this new school year, because I will be working on an event for homecoming with the FAMU Green Coalition, so hopefully you will be able to attend that one.

    ReplyDelete